Institute for Law and Public Policy
Address: 129090, Moscow, Shchepkina str., 8
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 140, Moscow, 129090, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 608 6959, 608 6635; Fax: +7 (495) 608 6915
The seminar The Complaint to the Russian Constitutional Court: Opportunities, Risks and Prospects, April 14-15, 2017, Saint Petersburg.
The event is organized by the Institute for Law and Public Policy in partnership with Human Rights Organization Soldiers’ Mothers of Saint-Petersburg.
Practicing lawyers and attorneys are welcome to participate.
Over the 16 academic hours the participants will get the answers to the following questions:
- What cases can the mechanism of constitutional justice be effective in to protect civil rights and associations?
- What are the criteria for the admissibility of complaints and how to determine the appeal prospects of filing a particular case to the Constitutional Court?
- What is the complaint procedure at the Constitutional Court?
- What are the specifics of certain types of constitutional complaints (challenging the uncertainty of legal norms, challenging the norms in the context of its litigation etc.)?
- What are the tools and techniques of proof used in constitutional litigation and how to argue a violation of constitutional rights?
- How to carry out the decisions of the Constitutional Court and how to use its legal positions to protect civil rights?
Find the information about upcoming seminars on the website of the Institute and its official page on Facebook www.facebook.com/ilppr
The seminar is conducted with support from the European Union