Institute for Law and Public Policy
Address: 129090, Moscow, Shchepkina str., 8
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 140, Moscow, 129090, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 608 6959, 608 6635; Fax: +7 (495) 608 6915
16.02.2017 The webinar on Legal Argumentation in Constitutional Lawsuit was held on February 15, 2017
The webinar Introduction to the Сase-Law Analysis: Court Decision and Court Argumentation, 15 February 2017
The webinar Introduction to the Analysis of the Judgment: Judgment and Legal Reasoning Structure was held on February 15, 2017 as part of the series Contemporary Constitutional and International Justice for the lawyers of the regional partners of the Institute for Law and Public Policy. The webinar was organized within the project Enhancing Civic Engagement in Strategic Constitutional Litigation in Russia.
The webinar was conducted by Alexander Blankenagel, Professor of Public Law, Humboldt University in Berlin, an international project expert.
Over the webinar the participants learned:
• types of judgments relevancy;
• constitutional methods of interpreting laws;
• specific methods of interpreting the Constitution;
• the impact of international law on interpreting laws and regulations of the Constitution;
• сases of dismissal of an appeal by the Constitutional Court due to inadmissibility.
The webinar was attended by 23 lawyers and trainers involved in the Project implementation in the partner regions (Kaliningrad, St. Petersburg, Voronezh, Nizhny Novgorod, Novosibirsk, Krasnoyarsk).